So, you've been stuck at home, for too long now, and you miss you favorite cafe spot coffee taste.
Well, here's how you can re-create it at home, with no machine or milk-steaming wand.
Here's what you'll need :
Here are the steps:
1. Grind your beans (only grind the amount of beans you'll need).
The amount will depend on the brewing method you're using (check out the "Filtru" app to learn more about different brewing methods).
2. Now that you are more knowledgeable about your chosen method, and you have your coffee grounds, you can start to filter them through, with enough water running through the grounds to your desired amount and taste (but, also check out the app to learn more about the perfect filtering technique for different methods).
3. Now, this is the really technical step.
How do you froth milk without a steam wand?
Here are 2 ways of doing that:
1- the first one is to simply boil your milk in a sauce pan, and hope for the best (using heat and steam bubbles to form your froth).
2- alternatively, if you have a french press, you can heat your milk in a microwave, and froth it using your french press. This technique is a little more time consuming, but it gives you a better chance at actually getting latte art.
4. Now, you should have a decent cup of coffee (especially if you used the "Filtru" app!).
It may not be from your favorite place, but you made it all by yourself! And, if you were lucky enough, you even got some latte art (good job!).
5. And, if it didn't turn out good, don't worry, you'll be able to go to your favorite cafe soon.
And, if that cafe is the meeting place, I have good news for you: we are still open!
As a way to officially close summer 2021 at The Meeting Pace, we wanted to share our top 10 most played songs from the past season:
1. 103 - This New Light, TCOYS
2. Sunshine Bank Holiday - McDermott & North
3. Oh, Mexico - Jeremy Zucker
4. Canyon Moon - Harry Styles
5. In Every Season - Annika Hansen
6. Sunday Morning - Tyson Motsenbocker
7. Pastels - The Brook & The Bluff
8. Foreigner - Jordan Mackampa
9. Golden Hour - Matthew Pinder
10. To The Mountains - Lizzy McAlpine
Hope you enjoyed this list, and discovered new songs for your own playlist.
Don't forget to stop by the meeting place to listen to our current winter playlist,
and try out our winter specials drink menu.
So, at the meeting place cafe, we believe that coffee builds community. It's even written in our mission statement!
"To serve quality coffee in an environment that builds community!"
But, have you ever wondered why we say that; or what about coffee creates an environment that builds community?
Well, if you've ever asked those question, keep reading.
So, if you read our mission statement carefully, it explains exactly why, and how coffee can build community, in our opinion.
It's all about one specific word in our mission statement....
The environment created in a cafe is the determining factor of the strength of the community atmosphere inside.
And, at the meeting place, we pride ourselves in creating a positive, uplifting, and welcoming environment that brings people together with one common reason; to love & encourage each other while drinking a delicious beverage that they all love.
So, next time you find yourself wondering why you feel so comfortable in a cafe, or what makes a cafe atmosphere so welcoming; think about the people & staff you met there, and remember how that cafe made you feel because that environment is difficult to achieve in full.
But, when it is fully achieved and well-implemented, it's creates an unforgettable experience.
The environment (along with the taste of the coffee) are the main deciding factors of how memorable that cafe will be for most people.
We can't wait to meet you & make you feel welcome in our TMPC community!
Hope to see you soon!
A blog brought to you by