Coffee in 2020/21
So, you've been stuck at home, for too long now, and you miss you favorite cafe spot coffee taste.
Well, here's how you can re-create it at home, with no machine or milk-steaming wand.
Here's what you'll need :
Here are the steps:
1. Grind your beans (only grind the amount of beans you'll need).
The amount will depend on the brewing method you're using (check out the "Filtru" app to learn more about different brewing methods).
2. Now that you are more knowledgeable about your chosen method, and you have your coffee grounds, you can start to filter them through, with enough water running through the grounds to your desired amount and taste (but, also check out the app to learn more about the perfect filtering technique for different methods).
3. Now, this is the really technical step.
How do you froth milk without a steam wand?
Here are 2 ways of doing that:
1- the first one is to simply boil your milk in a sauce pan, and hope for the best (using heat and steam bubbles to form your froth).
2- alternatively, if you have a french press, you can heat your milk in a microwave, and froth it using your french press. This technique is a little more time consuming, but it gives you a better chance at actually getting latte art.
4. Now, you should have a decent cup of coffee (especially if you used the "Filtru" app!).
It may not be from your favorite place, but you made it all by yourself! And, if you were lucky enough, you even got some latte art (good job!).
5. And, if it didn't turn out good, don't worry, you'll be able to go to your favorite cafe soon.
And, if that cafe is the meeting place, I have good news for you: we are still open!
There's an App for That
Apps exist for so many things these days, but who would've thought that you could improve your home brewing experience with an easy to use app like Filtru Coffee. This is a home brewing app that walks you through the process of using a variety of methods from AeroPress to Moka Pot. You can connect this app to a Bluetooth scale in order to track your brewing data, and Filtru keeps a history of each time you've used a brewing method and the data connected with that attempt. It is a great way to grow your skills at home, improve consistency, and even learn new methods of home brewing.
Learn more at Filtru Coffee
Ready to download the app and upgrade your home brewing experience?
Android users click here
Apple users click here
Home Brewing - V60
No matter what's going on around us, the world keeps running and we still need our daily coffee to fuel us through the day. But what's worse than having an amazing home brewing method and not knowing how to use it? I can't think of anything. So, we're here to help you get that perfect cup of coffee from home with a V60.
Step 1: Start with great coffee. We recommend beans from Elixir Coffee Roasters, Five Senses Coffee, or The Grove Specialty Coffee.
Step 2: Follow this simple receipe from Sample Coffee
Step 3: Enjoy a delicious, hommade cup of coffee!
A blog brought to you by