So, you've been stuck at home, for too long now, and you miss you favorite cafe spot coffee taste.
Well, here's how you can re-create it at home, with no machine or milk-steaming wand.
Here's what you'll need :
Here are the steps:
1. Grind your beans (only grind the amount of beans you'll need).
The amount will depend on the brewing method you're using (check out the "Filtru" app to learn more about different brewing methods).
2. Now that you are more knowledgeable about your chosen method, and you have your coffee grounds, you can start to filter them through, with enough water running through the grounds to your desired amount and taste (but, also check out the app to learn more about the perfect filtering technique for different methods).
3. Now, this is the really technical step.
How do you froth milk without a steam wand?
Here are 2 ways of doing that:
1- the first one is to simply boil your milk in a sauce pan, and hope for the best (using heat and steam bubbles to form your froth).
2- alternatively, if you have a french press, you can heat your milk in a microwave, and froth it using your french press. This technique is a little more time consuming, but it gives you a better chance at actually getting latte art.
4. Now, you should have a decent cup of coffee (especially if you used the "Filtru" app!).
It may not be from your favorite place, but you made it all by yourself! And, if you were lucky enough, you even got some latte art (good job!).
5. And, if it didn't turn out good, don't worry, you'll be able to go to your favorite cafe soon.
And, if that cafe is the meeting place, I have good news for you: we are still open!
A blog brought to you by