A lot of people are jumping on the train of environmentalism in the past few years, and that's amazing! A big question is though, how do I connect my passion for taking care of my home on Earth and some physical steps to actually taking CARE of it? Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle is a great foundation, but it can go a lot further than that. Let's explore some ways that you can reuse those coffee grounds that, before, you probably would have just thrown out. There are so many ways that we can be environmentally conscious, especially with our daily habits and intake of food products, like coffee.
Some Outside Uses for Old Coffee Grounds
1. Homemade Fertilizer! - Just sprinkle onto the ground you're trying to fertilize or mix grounds with 1/2 cup of water and make a fertilizer spray!
2. Bug Repellent - Sprinkle the grounds at the base of your house or put them in a bowl on the patio to keep bugs at bay
3. Tossing coffee grounds in your compost pile helps stabilize the pH level, which helps foods degrade more quickly, and more evenly. The coffee scent also helps with the smell
4. Coffee grounds can absorb the strong odors in your garbage. Fill up an old pair of pantyhose with some dry coffee grounds, and hang the mixture on the inside of your trash can lid
5. Scratch Repair - You can use coffee to hide scratches on dark wood or espresso finishes. Mix a small amount of grounds with warm water to make a paste, rub the paste over the scratch, and wipe it off with a towel. The grounds stain the wood, and make the scratch less noticeable
6. Face and Body Scrub - Natural body scrub to help your skin be silky smooth and keep the planet looking nice as well
Those were our favorites from the research we did! Check out a full list at the link below!
Leave a Reply.
A blog brought to you by