So, at the meeting place, we have this drink: "A Salted Caramello".
It's an "espresso" beverage with espresso (optional) chocolate, caramel syrup, and a pinch of salt.
Although, this is a popular beverage, some people are still curious / concerned about putting salt in their coffee.
So, let's learn more about why adding salt to your coffee can actually be a creative and healthy way to alter the taste and experience of your coffee.
1. The first thing that happens when you put salt in your coffee is, it neutralizes the bitterness by blocking the taste buds responsible for tasting it.
2. This will also add thickness to the beverage, by making the water denser.
3. Adding just a pinch of salt will also help enhance the flavor of the espresso.
4. Adding salt also helps replenish some of the sodium that your body loses from drinking caffeine.
5. Salt in a coffee with milk helps break down some of the fats, and enzymes in the milk; for a more enjoyable after-taste / drinking experience.
Along with improving the flavours, salt can have many health benefits to you favorite coffee beverage, but, we recommend experimenting for yourself, as this process is not for all taste-buds.
So, if you're ever curious about adding salt to you coffee, come by the meeting place, and try our salted caramello (with espresso) to see if this is something for you!
We hope to see you soon!
A blog brought to you by